For more information:
Please visit the
Donlon PTA website.
Donlon PTA Website
Ice Cream Social 5:00-7:00
Flag Salute - Pajama Day
Rock and Roll to School Day
3rd Annual Read-A-Thon!
Thursday 10/1 - Friday, 10/16.
* Reading dates: October 1st - October 16th. Time spent reading before and after these dates is not eligible for Read-A-Thon minutes.
* Students keep track of the minutes read on their tracking sheet.
* Students who read, but do not raise money, are still eligible to participate and win prizes.
* Pledge forms, tracking sheets, and collected money are due to your teacher by Friday, October 16th.
* Be sure to attend Donlon's Fall Book Fair, October 13th-16thafter school in the library.
* Students may collect pledges two ways, 1) flat rate donations or 2) per minutes read.
* Donations can be made in cash or check with checks payable toDonlon PTA.
* Pledges are due on Friday, October 16th to be eligible for prizes. All pledges need to be collected and delivered to your child's classroom by Wednesday, October 23rd.
* Prizes will be announced during the Ice Cream Social. Winnersdo not need to be present.
Classroom Prizes - Money envelopes due by Friday, October 16thto be eligible for prizes!
The classroom that raises the most funds will earn a pizza party!
The classroom with the highest average of minutes read per student, will earn a pizza party!
Grand Prize Winner will win a Kindle Reader and a $25 Amazon Gift Card
Each Grade Level Winner: $25
For more information and for tracking sheets/tickets, click here.
Read-A-Thon Volunteers Needed
Please click here
to sign up! Thank you!
Ice Cream Social!
Please plan to attend the Donlon Ice Cream Social on Friday, October 16th from 5:00-7:00.
This wonderful event marks the end of our Fall Book Fair. It is a great opportunity to visit the book fair and to spend time with other Donlon families while enjoying a delicious sundae!
Hope to see you there!
Let Out Your Inner Artist!
Choreograph a dance, produce a film, write a poem or story, compose a song, take a picture or create a piece of visual art and tell us your interpretation of the theme: "Let Your Imagination Fly..." Pick up a PTA Reflections Entry Form and Rules today in the office or request info firstname.lastname@example.org
- Primary division for grades K-2 and Intermediate division for 3-5
- Deadline is October 15 & 16 from 3:00-3:30 in front of the office.
Donlon PTA Meeting
Pleasanton Unified School District....
there is an app for that!
Did you know that Pleasanton Unified School District has an app?
Click below to download:
The official Pleasanton USD app gives you a personalized window into what is happening at the district and schools. Get the news and information that you care about and get involved.
- View district and school news
- Use the district tip line
- Receive notifications from the district and schools
- Access the district directory
- Display information personalized to your interests
Parents and students can:
- View and add contact information
Where Does Your PTA $Money$ Go???
$150 per family helps us to give students and teachers:
- Document Cameras for all classes
- Projectors for all classes
- Chromebook Carts
- $50 per student stipend for all teachers for classroom supplies
- $1,400 donation to Outdoor Education
- New Technology and upgrades for teachers
- School beautification (tables, umbrellas, etc.)
- Coming soon - Electronic Marquee
- Outstanding Experiences for all students
As well as various school events and programs:
- 5th Grade Celebration
- Bingo Night
- Movie Night
- Field Day
- Holiday Gift Shop
- International Fair
- Literacy Night
- Red Ribbon Week
- Raz Kids Reading Resource Website
- Pizza with the Principal
- Science Fair
- Student Assemblies
- Ice Cream Socials
- And many more...
Thank you for all who donated this year!!!
PTA membership has benefits!
Visits these websites to learn how you can save money locally in Pleasanton as well as with other venues!
Pleasanton PTA Shop Ptown
If you have any questions about your Donlon PTA membership or about becoming a member, please e-mail Jen:
2015 Bay Area Golf Show
Few sports teach as many of life's most important lessons - respect, responsibility, patience, diligence and self-discipline, to name a few - as golf.
That's why producers of the 2015 Bay Area Golf Show, Oct. 23-25 at the Alameda County Fairgrounds, are going out of their way to open the show's doors to the thousands of young golfers and golfers-to-be throughout the Bay Area, including free admission to all kids under 12, free lessons, and a passport granting free play on the show's numerous interactive games.
Every child 12 and under accompanied by a paying adult will receive free admission to this year's show, which represents the largest golf showcase of the year in the East Bay. In addition to free admission, each child attending the golf show on Saturday, Oct. 24, and Sunday, Oct. 25, will receive a passport granting free play on all of the show's interactive games, including putting, long drive, short game and closest-to-the-pin contests. Once all the activities have been completed, turn in your passport to receive a cool golf prize! Kids will also receivefree lessons from specialized instructors, while local golf pros will take to the stage to teach you how to engage the young player in your life in the game of golf.
Black Dragon ChessGrades: 1-5
Place: Library (10/9 and 10/16 will be in the Multi-Purpose Room)
Dates: 8 classes - 9/25, 10/9, 10/16, 10/23, 11/6, 11/13, 12/4, 12/11
Price: $120/student Min/max: 10-25
Contact: J.B. McCann (925) email@example.com
***Deadline to register is September 23rd ***Please email for more information.
Are you involved in a community event and would like to get the word out?
Let us know, and we will see if you can be included in the next newsletter.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.